Uganda Visa & Travel Requirements
1. Uganda Entry Requirements:
You have 2 options to choose from:
- Uganda Ordinary/Tourist Visa: All visitors to Uganda are required to apply for their visa online via: https://visas.immigration.go.ug/#/
Once approved, you will present your visa approval form at Entebbe International Airport or land borders where you will receive your visa at a cost of US$ 50 valid for 30 days.
- The East African Tourist Visa: It is often that visitors to Uganda want to visit another East African country (Rwanda, Kenya). In this case, we recommend that you apply for the East African visa. The East African visa at cost of US$ 100 and valid for 90 days is the most ideal in this situation.
The visitor must submit his application online and submit to the Immigration Oficer the approval letter obtained from the online application: https://visas.immigration.go.ug/#/
Important: The East African visa is not valid in Tanzania and the East-African visa can only be delivered by the first country of the East African Community visited. For Uganda only an application online will be considered.
2. Health Requirments:
- COVID-19: With the on-going Covid pandemic, all visitors to Uganda are required to present a negative COVID-PCR test result from a certified laboratory taken within 72 hours of departure.
They will not be required to take a second test on arrival. However, the visitor must show a negative COVID-PCR test result before departure.
- Gorilla & Chimpanzee trekking: As long as the Covid Pandemic lasts, unless otherwise instructed by the organizations in charge of national parks (RDB in Rwanda and UWA in Uganda), visits to gorillas and chimpanzees can only be carried out during the 72 hours of validity of the "negative test. ". Magic Safaris is monitoring the situation on site and will advise of any changes at the appropriate time.
- Remark: There have been several developments since the breakout of the pandemic. A vaccine has been found and we believe that as people around gets vaccinated against the coronavirus, these travel requirements will change.
- The yellow fever vaccination is still a mandatory requirement for all visitors. This applies regardless of where they are arriving from. The vaccination must have been administered at least 10 days before arrival. Travellers arriving without a certificate of inoculation may be required to have the injection at the point of entry at their own costs or may be refused entry.