In Uganda & In air
The top end of the African safari market (fly-in safaris), offer you the opportunity to have a scenic flight and to fly to one or more protected areas. A fly-in safari not only saves a considerable amount of time, but provides the traveller with the added benefit of viewing some of the most spectacular regions of Africa from an aerial perspective. They are generally used for tailor-made private safaris.
There are 2 companies operating flights within Uganda: Aerolink & Fly Uganda. Both are offerening scheduled and charter flights.
- Fly Uganda: With daily scheduled flights to Murchison Falls NP (Pakuba), Queen Elizabeth NP (Kasese & Mweya), Bwindi Impenetrable NP (Kihihi), Fly Uganda operates from their private airfield at Kajjansi. Special arrangements can be made for those wishing to land in Entebbe or we can organize a road transfer to Entebbe.
Flight bookings are subject to availability and a minimum of 3 passengers and it is advised that you travel light and pack in soft bags.
- Aerolink: From its base at Entebbe International Airport, AeroLink using its Cessna Grand Caravans, offers daily scheduled flights to several destinations around Uganda. All Aerolink scheduled flights depart with a minimum of 4 passengers. (For destinations such as Apoka (Kidepo NP), this minimum number may at times be a problem since it is not so easy getting this number on this route). For the scheduled flights, there is a luggage limit of 15 kilos and it is advised that you pack in soft bags. There is a surcharge for extra luggage.
Aerolink flies to these destinations:
Murchison Falls NP: 1 daily flight to Pakuba, Bugungu.
- Pakuba Airfield will give you access to the Northern bank (Pakuba Safari Lodge)
- Bugungu Airfield will give you access to the Southern bank (Baker’s Lodge)
Queen Elizabeth NP: 3 daily flights to Kasese and Mweya.
- Kasese Airfield will give you access to Queen Elizabeth NP (Mweya) & Kibale Forest NP
- Mweya Airfield is located in the Park and will ive you access to Queen Elizabeth NP (Mweya HQ)
Semliki NP: 3 daily flights to Semliki.
- Semliki Airfield will give you access to Semliki Wildlife Reserve & Semliki NP.
Bwindi Impenetrable NP: 3 daily flights to Kihihi and 1 daily flight to Kisoro.
- Kihihi Airfield will give access Ishasha (Queen Elizabeth NP) and Northern Bwindi (Buhoma & Ruhija).
- Kisoro Airfield will give you access to Mgahinga Gorilla NP & Southern Bwindi (Nkuringo & Rushaga).
Lake Mburo NP: 1 daily flight to Mbarara.
- Mbarara Airfield will give you access to Lake Mburo NP & Lake Bunyonyi.
Kidepo Valley NP: 1 daily flight to Apoka.
Apoka Airfield is located in the Park and will give you access to Kidepo NP (HQ)
Bwindi & Mt Gahinga NP: The most popular destination is Bwindi Impenetrable NP – home of the world’s most endangered primates. For more information see our Fly-in Gorilla Express.
For Fly-in safaris, we work with you to design the best itinerary with scenic road transfers made at a pace that suits you.
Road transfers are organized with the accommodation booked. We are particular with the accommodations we work with and we ensure high quality of service, the best experiences, and breathtaking views.