Guided Nature Walks
Guided nature walks are unique to only a few countries in Africa, providing one of the most fascinating opportunities to experience its wonderful wilderness and wildlife. Guided Nature walks are also the only way to explore forests in company of knowledgeable and well trained guides. These walks are most of the time conducted in the National Parks or Wildlife Reserves by professional guides or rangers (some armed, some not).
They follow trails in areas where there are no predators. The guides are well trained and very knowledgeable about the different aspects of wildlife. They provide a running commentary on the general aspects of the local wildlife, as well as specifics such as gorilla and chimpanzee trekking or bird watching.
Some guided nature walks are organized by local communities in some eco-tourist sites. They provide well trained local people as well. It's an opportunity to exchange some interesting views and to support them. It's one of the ways they can share from the benefits of tourism.
The Guided nature walks are integrated in the Magic Safari Program.
- Kigali (Markets, birds)
- Nyungwe Forest NP (primates, chimps, birds)
- Gishwati-Mukura NP (chimps, golden monkeys, birds)
- Volcanoes NP (gorillas, golden monkeys, birds)
- Volcanoes NP(hiking the volcanoes, Hiking Dian Fossey Grave).
- Akagera NP (Walk the line)
- Entebbe Botanical gardens (primates, birds)
- Ziwa Rhino (rhino trek, birds)
- Budongo Forest (chimps, birds)
- Murchison Falls (top of the falls, birds)
- Semliki WR (game, birds)
- Semliki NP (Sampaya hot springs, birds)
- Bigodi Swamps (birds - local communities)
- Kibale Forest NP (Primates, chimps, birds)
- Rwenzories (walking, hiking, mountaineering)
- Queen Elizabeth NP (Kyambura gorge, chimps, birds, local communities)
- Queen Elizabeth NP Mweya (birds)
- Queen Elizabeth NP (Ishasha River, birds)
- Bwindi - Buhoma (gorillas, birds, various forest walks including Ivy trail from Buhoma to Nkuringo, village walks with local communities)
- Bwindi South (gorillas, birds, local communities)
- Mt Mgahinga (gorillas, birds, monkeys.
- Lake Mburo NP (game, birds)